Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make fall-inspired salad that will impress everyone at your table? Look no further than the persimmon burrata salad! This dish is a perfect balance of flavors and textures, combining the juicy sweetness of persimmons, the creaminess of burrata, and the earthiness of roasted squash.
Burrata, also known as the “queen of creamy cheeses,” is a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. It is soft, delicate, and melts in your mouth. This cheese is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways, such as burrata canapés or marinated burrata.
To make the perfect persimmon burrata salad, you’ll need some fresh persimmons, burrata cheese, roasted squash, mixed greens, and a few other simple ingredients. With a few quick steps and a little bit of love, you’ll have a stunning and delicious salad that’s perfect for any occasion.
This salad has become a popular dish, even appearing in well-known cookbooks like Ottolenghi’s “Plenty More.” If you’re still not convinced, check out the rave reviews and stunning pictures of the persimmon burrata salad on Bon Appetit’s website.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab some fresh persimmons, pick up some burrata cheese, and let’s get started on making this delicious fall salad. Follow along with our step-by-step recipe and be prepared to impress your guests with this show-stopping dish.
If you’re looking for a tasty and impressive appetizer to serve at your next dinner party or gathering, look no further than burrata canapés! These bite-sized treats are simple to make and always a crowd-pleaser. Here are some ideas to inspire your own creations:
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh basil: Top a piece of crusty bread with a spoonful of ricotta and a cherry tomato, then add a half-slice of burrata and a sprig of basil.
- Prosciutto and arugula: Spread a thin layer of pesto on a slice of baguette, then top with a slice of prosciutto and a handful of peppery arugula. Add a small ball of burrata on top.
- Roasted red peppers and olives: On a slice of ciabatta, spread a layer of tapenade (olive paste) and add a roasted red pepper strip. Top with a piece of burrata and a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.
- Persimmon and honey: Cut a thin slice of persimmon and place on a piece of crostini with a dollop of honey. Top with a spoonful of burrata and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Fig and balsamic glaze: Slice a ripe fig in half and place it on a piece of toasted baguette brushed with balsamic glaze. Add a small scoop of burrata and a pinch of chopped rosemary.
- Apple and thyme: Spread a layer of apple butter on a slice of pumpernickel bread and top with a slice of Granny Smith apple, a sprig of thyme, and a piece of burrata.
Tips for Serving
- Keep it simple: Stick to just a few high-quality ingredients for each canapé to ensure that the flavors shine through.
- Get creative with textures: Try adding a crunch element, like sliced almonds or panko-crusted burrata, to contrast with the creamy cheese.
- Serve at room temperature: Take the canapés out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the burrata to soften and the flavors to meld together.
Now that you have some ideas for burrata canapés, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen and impress your guests with these delicious and beautiful appetizers!
Marinated Burrata: Elevating Your Persimmon Salad Game
Burrata, that creamy ball of mozzarella and cream, is a fixture on many a salad plate. But have you ever tried marinating it? Marinating burrata adds layers of flavor and texture to an already luscious ingredient, taking your persimmon burrata salad from good to unforgettable.
Here are some tips and tricks to marinate your burrata perfectly:
Choosing the Right Burrata
When shopping for burrata, look for the freshest and creamiest you can find. The quality of the burrata will affect the results of the marinade. If possible, go for burrata with a thin skin, as the marinade will penetrate better.
Marinating Time and Ingredients
Marinating burrata doesn’t require too much time: 30 minutes to an hour is more than enough time to infuse it with flavor. Here’s a simple marinade recipe:
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over low heat, add the sliced garlic, thyme sprigs, salt, and pepper, and cook until the garlic turns golden brown. Let the mixture cool completely, then pour it over the burrata in a shallow dish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour, turning the burrata occasionally to make sure it’s evenly coated.
If you want to add more flavor and texture, you can also add other ingredients to the marinade:
- Lemon zest and juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Chopped herbs (basil, parsley, mint)
Once your burrata is marinated, it’s time to add it to your persimmon salad. Here are some serving ideas to get you started:
- Slice the burrata into pieces and place it on top of the salad, drizzling some of the marinade over the top.
- Use a spoon to scoop out some of the burrata and place it in the center of the salad.
- Tear the burrata into pieces and scatter them over the salad for a more rustic look.
- Serve the persimmon salad and marinated burrata on a platter, artfully arranged for a beautiful presentation.
Try marinating burrata for your next persimmon salad, and watch as your guests rave about your culinary skills.
Fall Burrata Salad
Are you ready to taste the flavors of fall in a salad? Look no further than a fall burrata salad. This dish combines the creamy smoothness of burrata with autumnal ingredients, such as roasted root vegetables, nuts, and dried fruits.
Here are some elements to consider when creating your own fall burrata salad:
- Burrata: creamy, mozzarella-like cheese
- Mixed Greens: kale, spinach, arugula, etc.
- Roasted Root Vegetables: sweet potato, beet, carrot, etc.
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- Dried Fruits: cranberries, figs, apricots, etc.
- Dressing: balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, etc.
- Roast your vegetables to bring out their natural sweetness.
- Toast your nuts to enhance their nutty flavor.
- Combine your mixed greens with your roasted vegetables, nuts, and dried fruits.
- Cut open your burrata and add it to the top of your salad.
- Drizzle your dressing over the salad.
- Use seasonal ingredients for the best taste and freshness.
- Consider adding grilled chicken or pork for added protein.
- Customize the salad to your preferences by swapping out ingredients or dressings.
- Use a variety of textures for added interest.
Get ready to fall in love with fall burrata salad!
Ottolenghi Burrata: The Creamy Cheese That Takes Salads to a Whole New Level
If you’re a foodie, then you’re probably familiar with Ottolenghi. Yotam Ottolenghi is a chef, restaurateur, and a celebrated cookbook author who has won over our hearts with his Middle Eastern-inspired recipes. One ingredient that features heavily in Ottolenghi’s cooking is Burrata. In this subsection, we’ll explore everything you need to know about Ottolenghi Burrata.
What is Burrata?
Burrata is a type of fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. It has a soft, creamy, and almost buttery texture with a delicate flavor. Burrata is made by forming a pouch of thin mozzarella, then filling it with a mixture of cream and shredded mozzarella. The pouch is then sealed, giving the burrata a unique shape.
Why is Burrata So Popular?
Burrata’s popularity is attributed to its unique texture and rich, creamy taste. It has a sensational mouth feel that’s hard to describe, making it a favorite for many chefs and home cooks. Burrata is versatile and can be used in many dishes, including pizzas, pastas, and salads. It also pairs well with wine, making it a perfect addition to an indulgent meal.
How to Serve Burrata with Persimmon Salad
Now that you know what burrata is and why it’s so popular let’s dive into how Ottolenghi uses burrata in his persimmon salad to give it that wow factor. Here’s how to serve it:
- Firstly, prepare the persimmon slices and arugula
- Then, place the burrata in the center of the serving plate.
- Arrange the persimmon slices and arugula around the cheese.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
The key to making the perfect persimmon burrata salad is to ensure that the ingredients are fresh and of high quality. Burrata is a delicate cheese that should be handled with care. When cutting or slicing burrata, use a sharp knife to avoid squishing it.
In conclusion, Burrata is a great way to add a creamy, indulgent texture to any salad, and Ottolenghi knows how to bring out its best qualities. Whether you’re a fan of salads or simply love good food, this combination is one to try. Give this recipe a try, and your taste buds will thank you.
Squash Persimmon Salad
If you’re looking for a flavorful and nutritious salad, the combination of squash and persimmon is hard to beat. The textures and flavors complement each other perfectly, resulting in a dish that’s both light and satisfying. Here are some key tips to keep in mind when preparing a squash persimmon salad:
Roasting squash is an excellent way to bring out its natural sweetness and enhance the flavor. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
Choosing the Right Persimmon
There are two main types of persimmons: Fuyu and Hachiya. Fuyu persimmons are smaller and squatter and are best for eating raw, while Hachiya persimmons are larger and have a more elongated shape. If you’re using Hachiya persimmons, make sure they’re fully ripe before using them in a salad. You can tell if a persimmon is ripe by gently pressing on the skin – it should feel soft and yield slightly.
Assembling the Salad
To assemble your squash persimmon salad, follow these steps:
- Peel and cube the roasted squash and set aside.
- Slice the persimmon(s) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together some olive oil, lemon juice, and honey to make the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cubed squash, sliced persimmon, and mixed greens.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and some chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
Squash persimmon salad is a delicious and healthy recipe that’s perfect for any time of the year. With its mix of roasted squash, sweet persimmon, and tangy feta cheese, it’s sure to please your taste buds. So why not give it a try and see for yourself?
Persimmon Burrata Salad Bon Appetit
If you’re a food enthusiast, there’s no doubt you’ve heard of Bon Appetit, the popular food magazine. And if you’re a fan of salads, you might have come across their recipe for persimmon burrata salad, which has become quite the sensation. In this subsection, we’ll dive into the details of this salad recipe, exploring its ingredients, flavor profile, and overall appeal.
A Unique Twist on the Traditional Salad
Bon Appetit’s persimmon burrata salad is a refreshing and unique take on the traditional salad. Instead of the usual mix of greens, this salad features ripe persimmons – a sweet, juicy, and slightly tangy fruit. Alongside the persimmons, you’ll find creamy burrata cheese, which adds a rich and smooth texture to every bite. The other ingredients in this salad include:
- Arugula: this peppery green adds a fresh and slightly bitter kick to the dish.
- Pistachios: these crunchy nuts add a delightful nuttiness and texture to complement the soft cheese and fruit.
- Shallot: Finely chopped and pickled shallots add a sweet and tangy flavor that perfectly complements the persimmons.
All of these ingredients come together to create a harmonious flavor profile that is sure to delight your taste buds.
The Perfect Combination of Sweet and Savory
One of the reasons why this salad is so popular is because of its perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. The persimmons provide a sweet and refreshing taste, while the arugula and shallots offer a slightly bitter and pungent flavor. Additionally, the burrata cheese adds a creamy and slightly salty taste that complements the other ingredients perfectly. Finally, the pistachios provide a nutty and slightly sweet crunch that rounds out the flavor profile.
Quick and Easy to Make
Another thing that makes this salad recipe so appealing is that it’s quick and easy to make. With only a few ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and impressive salad in just 10 minutes! Bon Appetit’s recipe provides detailed instructions on how to prepare the salad, making it accessible for both novice and experienced cooks.
A Salad for All Occasions
Whether you’re looking for a light lunch, a side dish for dinner, or a refreshing summer salad, the persimmon burrata salad is an excellent choice. It’s versatile and can be adapted to suit whichever occasion or meal you have in mind. Additionally, this salad is sure to impress your guests, making it the perfect addition to any dinner party or gathering.
In conclusion, Bon Appetit’s recipe for persimmon burrata salad is a unique and delicious take on the traditional salad. With its perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, quick and easy preparation, and versatility, it’s no wonder why this salad has become such a hit. Whether you’re a fan of persimmons or not, this salad is definitely worth trying. So go ahead, give it a go! Your taste buds will thank you.