Fall is here, and it’s time to celebrate the season with some new recipes. Banana pumpkin bars are the perfect combination of sweetness and nutrition. These bars are easy to make and a great alternative to traditional pumpkin bread bars. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most delicious banana pumpkin recipes, as well as answer some commonly asked questions, such as what are pumpkin bars made of and how long do pumpkin bars last in the fridge. So, let’s get started and whip up a fall-favorite treat!
The Sweet and Creamy Banana Pumpkin Bars
Are you tired of the same old pumpkin spice snacks? Do you want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than banana pumpkin bars! This delicious and creamy snack combines the rich flavor of fresh pumpkin with the sweet and tangy taste of ripe bananas for a snack that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
The Best Way to Prepare Banana Pumpkin Bars
Here’s a simple recipe for making your own delicious banana pumpkin bars:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 3 ripe bananas, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square pan and smooth it out.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
The Nutritional Benefits of Banana Pumpkin Bars
Not only do these bars taste amazing, but they’re also packed with great nutritional benefits. Here are some of the top reasons why you should include banana pumpkin bars in your diet:
- Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A, which is essential for healthy skin and eyesight.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, which helps to keep your heart healthy and your blood pressure low.
- Both pumpkin and bananas are high in fiber, which aids in digestion and helps you feel full longer.
Banana pumpkin bars are the perfect snack for anyone who loves the taste of fall and wants to try something new. With their creamy texture and sweet flavor, these bars are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. So next time you’re in the mood for a tasty treat, give banana pumpkin bars a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Pumpkin Bread Bars: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Favorite
Bored of banana bread bars? Why not spice things up by adding some pumpkin to the mix? Pumpkin bread bars are the perfect autumnal treat that will have you feeling cozy and comforted in no time. Here’s everything you need to know about this delicious twist on a classic favorite.
To make pumpkin bread bars, you’ll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the oat flour and baking powder and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These pumpkin bread bars are delicious on their own, but if you want to take things to the next level, try serving them with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also sprinkle some extra cinnamon or nutmeg on top for a little extra flavor.
Whether you’re looking for a new twist on an old favorite or just want to add some pumpkin spice to your life, these pumpkin bread bars are sure to hit the spot. So why not give them a try and see for yourself? Your taste buds will thank you!
Banana Pumpkin Recipes
Looking for a tasty and unique way to enjoy bananas and pumpkins? Look no further than these delicious banana pumpkin recipes! From breakfast to snacks to desserts, these recipes will satisfy your pumpkin and banana cravings.
Banana Pumpkin Bread
Start your day with a slice of warm, moist banana pumpkin bread. The combination of pumpkin and banana gives this bread a unique flavor and texture. Plus, it’s easy to make!
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1 cup canned pumpkin
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, blend bananas, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water.
3. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased bread pan.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Cool down on a warm day with a fresh and nutritious pumpkin banana smoothie. This smoothie is a great way to incorporate both pumpkin and banana into your diet.
– 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
– 1 ripe banana
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– Ice cubes
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
3. Add ice cubes to the blender until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Banana Pumpkin Bars
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these delicious and healthy banana pumpkin bars. These bars make for a perfect dessert or snack.
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1 cup canned pumpkin
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mash the ripe bananas in a mixing bowl.
3. Add in pumpkin, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix all the ingredients together until well-combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the banana and pumpkin mixture until well-combined.
7. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
8. If desired, sprinkle the top with dark chocolate chips.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Allow bars to cool in the dish for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Whether you’re looking for a breakfast option, a snack, or a dessert, these banana pumpkin recipes have got you covered. Try them out and enjoy the unique combination of flavors that bananas and pumpkins offer!
What Goes Into Pumpkin Bars?
Pumpkin bars are a classic fall treat that’s as delicious as it sounds. These bars are packed with warm spices and topped with a creamy frosting that complements the pumpkin flavor perfectly. But have you ever wondered what exactly pumpkin bars are made of?
Well, wonder no more, my friend! In this subsection, we’ll dive into the ingredients that make up these mouthwatering treats.
Pumpkin, of course!
First and foremost, pumpkin bars are made with pumpkin. Shocking, right? But not just any pumpkin will do. You’ll want to use canned pumpkin puree for the best results. Don’t worry; you won’t taste the can. Make sure to buy the plain canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugars and spices.
Flour and Sugar
To hold everything together, you’ll need flour and sugar. All-purpose flour works well for this recipe, but you can experiment with other flours to find your perfect combination. Granulated sugar is typically used and added to the dry ingredients. You can substitute with honey or maple syrup for a healthier option.
Spices and Seasonings
The spices are what make pumpkin bars unique and irresistible. Common spices and seasonings include cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. A pinch of salt is also added to bring all the flavors together. Don’t be afraid to play around with different ratios of the spices to find what works for you.
Butter and Eggs
Just like any baked goods, butter and eggs are essential ingredients in pumpkin bars. You’ll need butter for richness and eggs for structure. Make sure to bring your butter and eggs to room temperature before using them in this recipe to ensure a smooth batter.
Last but not least, the frosting. The cream cheese frosting is a classic pairing with pumpkin bars, but you can also use basic buttercream frosting or no frosting at all. If you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with different flavored frostings like maple or cinnamon.
Now that you know all the ingredients that go into pumpkin bars, why not give it a try? Once you take a bite of these bars, you’ll understand why they’re a fall favorite.
How Long Do Pumpkin Bars Last in the Fridge?
So you made some delicious banana pumpkin bars and you’re wondering how long they’ll last in the fridge. Well, my dear reader, the answer depends on different factors such as how they were stored, how fresh the ingredients were, and how you made them.
The Shelf Life of Pumpkin Bars
On average, pumpkin bars can last for about 3 to 5 days in the fridge. However, this shelf life can be extended if you store them properly. Pumpkin bars tend to dry out quickly, so you’ll need to cover them tightly with a plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent them from losing moisture. You can even store them in airtight containers to preserve their texture and flavor.
How to Store Pumpkin Bars
The best way to store pumpkin bars is to wrap them in plastic or aluminum foil and then store them in an airtight container. This ensures that they don’t dry out quickly and maintains their texture and flavor. Alternatively, you can store pumpkin bars in an airtight container with a slice of bread. The bread will help to absorb excess moisture, keeping the bars soft and fresh for longer.
Tips for Storing Pumpkin Bars
To ensure that your pumpkin bars last longer in the fridge, follow these simple tips:
- Always wrap them tightly in plastic or aluminum foil
- Store them in an airtight container
- Add a slice of bread to the container to absorb excess moisture
- Avoid storing them in open containers or bags
- Keep them away from moisture and humidity
Now that you know how to store your pumpkin bars, you can make a big batch and enjoy them for days to come. Just remember to be mindful of their shelf life and follow the tips for storage!